Horizon Hospice is committed to supporting families who are caring for the seriously ill. Also, we are dedicated to sharing our expertise regarding issues such as pain management, healthcare planning (advance directives), and coping with grief and loss. If you belong to a group that would benefit from a presentation on these, or other topics related to caregiving and serious illness, please call Mark Hilditch, our Director of Outreach, at 509-489-4581. We are happy to tailor our presentations to fit the needs of your members.
Hospice Education Topics
1. Comfort Care – How to Provide Comfort to Patients in the End of Life: A one hour presentation.
2. Pain Assessment and Pain Management: A one hour presentation.
3. Grief and Health: How health care providers can better cope with the loss of their patients: A one hour presentation.
4. Hospice Overview: A one hour presentation.
5. The Dying Process: A one hour presentation.Return to top
Better Living and Working Seminars
Also, we help with work-life balance programs such as:
1. Elder vs. Elderly: How We Age in America
2. Care for Caregivers and Health Care Providers: Stress Management, Transition Management, and Effective Work Environments
3. Effective Leadership in Health CareReturn to top