Grief is a normal and natural response to loss, not a sign of weakness or a lack of faith. Grief is a unique journey for each of us. Horizon provides expertise and a safe place for people to come, receive support and begin to heal from their grief.
Horizon Hospice offers a variety of Grief Services:
Open to the Community
- Living With Loss An educational support group offered twice a month with topics such as: "How Do I Know...?" "Is it Grief or Depression?" and "What is Normal vs Complicated Grief?" Grieving, listening and sharing together can gradually help diminish your heartache.
- Grief Share A 13-week Biblically based, grief recovery program presented via video supported by group discussion.
- A Place at the Fire Men's Group This group is a safe place for men to explore the emotions of loss.
- Pet Loss The loss of a pet can be one of the most difficult losses a person experiences. This is a place for people to know they are not alone in their pet grief. It is an opportunity to join others who embrace such losses as normal ad natural.
- Journey On A small intensive support group for families of Horizon patients that focuses on the issues associated with the pain of grief and life after loss. Issues of guilt, regret, anger, sorrow, suppressed joy, neglected self-care, feeling "stuck" in your grief and transitions into a new "identity of life after loss" are the focus of this group.
- Individual Grief Counseling When needed, three or four individual grief counseling sessions can be provided with one of our Masters level Social Workers for families of Horizon Hospice Patients.
Call Horizon for dates and times of groups you may be interested in. 509 489-4581